Catalyzes the condensation of nicotinamide with 5-phosphoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate to yield nicotinamide mononucleotide, an intermediate in the biosynthesis of NAD. It is the rate limiting component in the mammalian NAD biosynthesis pathway (By similarity). (www.uniprot.org) Produced in E.coli as single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 511 amino acids and having a N-terminal His Tag
Menge: 5 µg
Preis: 66 €
UniProt ID: P43490 (Protein knowledgebase)
PBEF, Pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor, Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase NAmPRTase, Nampt, MGC117256, DKFZP666B131, 1110035O14Rik.
Excess adiposity is the most important risk in the development of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Adipose tissue produces several proteins (adipocytokines) such as leptin, adiponectin, resistin, tumor necrosis factor-?, and IL-6, that modulate insulin sensitivity and appear to play an important role in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance, diabetes, dyslipidemia, inflammation, and atherosclerosis. However, the mechanisms by which fat tissue induces insulin resistance and the role of adipocytokines in the pathogenesis of T2DM have not been well established.
Visfatin, also known as pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor (PBEF), is a cytokine that is highly expressed in visceral fat and was originally isolated as a secreted factor that synergizes with IL-7 and stem cell factors to promote the growth of B cell precursors. Visfatin homologs have been identified in carp, invertebrate mollusks, and bacteria, as well as in vertebrates, including humans and the mouse. It has been postulated to play a role in innate immunity.
Visfatin exerts insulin-mimetic effects that are dose-dependent and quantitatively similar to those of insulin in stimulating muscle and adipocyte glucose transport, and in inhibiting hepatocyte glucose production. Intravenous injection of recombinant visfatin in mice decreased plasma glucose in a dose-dependent fashion. In keeping with its insulin-mimetic effects, visfatin was as effective as insulin in reducing hyperglycemia in insulin-deficient diabetic mice. Visfatin was also found to be bound to and activate insulin receptor, causing receptor phosphorylation and the activation of downstream signaling molecules. However, visfatin and insulin did not compete for binding to the insulin receptor, indicating that the two proteins were recognized by different regions of the receptor. Thus, visfatin might play a role in glucose homeostasis and dysregulation in biosynthesis or signal transduction, and might contribute to the pathogenesis of diabetes.
Visfatin Human Recombinant produced in E.Coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 511 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 57 kDa.
The recombinant human Visfatin is fused to His tag at N-Terminus.
Sterile Filtered solution at a concentration of 1mg/ml.
Visfatin His tag protein contains 20mM Tris pH-8, 0.1mM DTT & 10% glycerol.
Store at 4°C if entire vial will be used within 2-4 weeks.
Store, frozen at -20°C for longer periods of time.
Please avoid freeze thaw cycles.
Greater than 95.0% as determined by(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
Amino acid sequence
MGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MNPAAEAEFN ILLATDSYKV THYKQYPPNT SKVYSYFECR EKKTENSKLR KVKYEETVFY GLQYILNKYL KGKVVTKEKI QEAKDVYKEH FQDDVFNEKG WNYILEKYDG HLPIEIKAVP EGFVIPRGNV LFTVENTDPE CYWLTNWIET ILVQSWYPIT VATNSREQKK ILAKYLLETS GNLDGLEYKL HDFGYRGVSS QETAGIGASA HLVNFKGTDT VAGLALIKKY YGTKDPVPGY SVPAAEHSTI TAWGKDHEKD AFEHIVTQFS SVPVSVVSDS YDIYNACEKI WGEDLRHLIV SRSTQAPLII RPDSGNPLDT VLKVLEILGK KFPVTENSKG YKLLPPYLRV IQGDGVDINT LQEIVEGMKQ KMWSIENIAF GSGGGLLQKL TRDLLNCSFK CSYVVTNGLG INVFKDPVAD PNKRSKKGRL SLHRTPAGNF VTLEEGKGDL EEYGQDLLHT VFKNGKVTKS YSFDEIRKNA QLNIELEAAH H.
Weitere Produkte für dieses Protein:
- Anti-NAMPT (Center), Kat #: WA-AP9010c.80
- Anti-NAMPT (Center), Kat #: WA-AP9010c
- Anti-NAMPT (Visfatin), Kat #: IMG-6111A
- Anti-Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human), Kat #: AG-25A-0025-C100
- Anti-Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human) (CT), Kat #: AG-25A-0027-C100
- Anti-Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human) (NT), Kat #: AG-25A-0026-C100
- Anti-Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human), Biotin conjugated, Kat #: AG-25A-0025B-C050
- Anti-Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF), clone OMNI379, Kat #: AG-20A-0034-C050
- Anti-Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF), clone OMNI379, Kat #: AG-20A-0034-C100
- Anti-Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF), clone OMNI379, Biotin conjugated, Kat #: AG-20A-0034B-C050
Enzymes & Proteins
ELISA and Assay Kits
- Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human, rec.), Kat #: AG-40A-0031-C050
- Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human, rec.), Kat #: AG-40A-0031AA-C500
- Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human, rec.), Kat #: AG-40A-0031-C010
- Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human, rec.) (His), Kat #: AG-40A-0018-C050
- Nampt (Visfatin/PBEF) (human, rec.) (His) (BULK), Kat #: AG-40A-0018AA-C500
- Visfatin, FLAG Tag, human recombinant (rHuVisfatin-FLAG), Kat #: 94936.1
- Visfatin, FLAG Tag, human recombinant (rHuVisfatin-FLAG), Kat #: 94936.25
- Visfatin, FLAG Tag, human recombinant (rHuVisfatin-FLAG), Kat #: 94936.5
- Visfatin, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuVisfatin-His), Kat #: 97219.1
- Visfatin, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuVisfatin-His), Kat #: 97219.25
Products for: NAMPT - nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase [EC:188.8.131.52]