Platelet-derived growth factor is a potent mitogen for cells of mesenchymal origin. Binding of this growth factor to its receptor elicits a variety of cellular responses. It is released by platelets upon wounding and plays an important role in stimulating adjacent cells to grow and thereby heals the wound. (www.uniprot.org) Produced in E.coli as a homodimeric, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 109 amino acids.
Menge: 2 µg
Preis: 66 €
UniProt ID: P01127 (Protein knowledgebase)
Glioma-derived growth factor, GDGF, Osteosarcoma-derived Growth Factor, ODGF, SIS, SSV, PDGF2, c-sis, FLJ12858, PDGF-BB, PDGF B-chain, Platelet-derived growth factor beta polypeptide, Becaplermin.
PDGF-BB is a member of the platelet-derived growth factor family. The four members of this family are mitogenic factors for cells of mesenchymal origin and are characterized by a motif of eight cysteines. This gene product can exist either as a homodimer (PDGF-BB) or as a heterodimer with the platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide (PDGF-AB), where the dimers are connected by disulfide bonds. Mutations in this gene are associated with meningioma. Reciprocal translocations between chromosomes 22 and 7, at sites where this gene and that for COL1A1 are located, are associated with a particular type of skin tumor called dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans resulting from unregulated expression of growth factor. Two splice variants have been identified for this gene.
Platelet-Derived Growth Factor BB Human Recombinant is a homodimeric, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 2x109 amino acids (218 amino acids in total) and having a molecular mass of 24.3 kDa. PDGF-BB is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.
Lyophilized from a 0.2µm filtered concentrated solution in PBS, pH7.4.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Platelet-derived Growth Factor-BB in sterile 18M?-cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized Platelet-derived Growth Factor BB although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution PDGF BB should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C.
Please prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Greater than 95.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
Amino acid sequence
SLGSLTIAEP AMIAECKTRT EVFEISRRLI DRTNANFLVW PPCVEVQRCS GCCNNRNVQC RPTQVQLRPV QVRKIEIVRK KPIFKKATVT LEDHLACKCE TVAAARPVT.
Determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of Balb/c 3T3 cells.
The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0-3.0 ng/ml.
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.55 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of PDGF-BB as a Reference Standard.
1.Title:Platelet-derived growth factor mediates survival of leukemic large granular lymphocytes via an autocrine regulatory pathway.
Publication:Published online before print October 30, 2009, doi: 10.1182/blood-2009-06-223719 Blood January 7, 2010 vol. 115 no. 1 51-60 .
2.Title:Imatinib attenuates skeletal muscle dystrophy in mdx mice.
Publication:Published online before print March 16, 2009, doi: 10.1096/fj.09-129833 August 2009 The FASEB Journal vol. 23 no. 8 2539-2548.
2.Title:Human Cord Blood-Derived Endothelial Progenitor Cells and Their Conditioned Media Exhibit Therapeutic Equivalence for Diabetic Wound Healing .
Publication: Cell Transplantation ISSN: 0963-6897 DOI: 10.3727/096368910X516637 Volume 19, Issue 12, pages 1635-1644 Copyright © 2010 Cognizant Comm. Corp.
Weitere Produkte für dieses Protein:
- Anti-PDGFB, Kat #: ABD-8C0299.50
- Anti-PDGFB (C-term), Kat #: WA-AP1721a
- Anti-PDGFB, CT (Platelet-derived Growth Factor Subunit B, PDGF Subunit B, Platelet-derived Growth Factor B Chain, Platelet-derived Growth Factor beta Polypeptide, PDGF-2, Proto-oncogene c-Sis, Becaplermin, PDGF2, SIS), Kat #: P4258-17K.100
- Anti-Platelet Derived Growth Factor BB (PDGF-BB, Platelet-derived Growth Factor B Chain, Platelet-derived Growth Factor beta Polypeptide, Platelet-derived Growth Factor Subunit B, PDGF Subunit B, PDGFB, Becaplermin, FLJ12858, PDGF2, PDGF-2, Proto-oncogene, Kat #: P4258-17N.500
Enzymes & Proteins
Chemicals & More
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-B, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuPDGF-B-His), Kat #: 95024.20
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-B, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuPDGF-B-His), Kat #: 95024.5
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-B, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuPDGF-B-His), Kat #: 95024.1
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-BB (PDGF-BB), active human recombinant protein (rHuPDGF-BB), Kat #: BPS-90800-2
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-BB (PDGF-BB), active human recombinant protein (rHuPDGF-BB), Kat #: BPS-90800-3
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-BB (PDGF-BB), active human recombinant protein (rHuPDGF-BB), Kat #: BPS-90800-1
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-BB, human recombinant (rHuPDGF-BB ), Kat #: 95033.1
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor-BB, human recombinant (rHuPDGF-BB ), Kat #: 95033.10
Products for: PDGFA_B - platelet derived growth factor A/B