Could be involved in bone and cartilage formation. Chondrogenic signaling is mediated by the high-affinity receptor BMPR1B. (www.uniprot.org) Produced in E.coli. Homodimer, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 2 x 117 amino acids. To enable bacterial expression of rhGDF-5 we removed the N-terminal sequence Ala-Pro-Leu-Thr and added the Lys.
Menge: 1 mg
UniProt ID: P43026 (Protein knowledgebase)
Cartilage-derived morphogenetic protein-1, CDMP-1, LAP4, SYNS2, GDF-5, Radotermin, CDMP1, GDF5, Growth differentiation factor 5, BMP-14.
GDF-5 is a member of the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) family and the TGF-beta superfamily. This group of proteins is characterized by a polybasic proteolytic processing site which is cleaved to produce a mature protein containing seven conserved cysteine residues. The members of this family are regulators of cell growth and differentiation in both embryonic and adult tissues. Mutations in this gene are associated with acromesomelic dysplasia, Hunter-Thompson type; brachydactyly, type C; and chondrodysplasia, Grebe type. These associations confirm that the gene product plays a role in skeletal development.
Growth Differentiation Factor 5 Human Recombinant produced in E.Coli is a homodimer, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 2 x 120 amino acids and having a total molecular mass of 27.4kDa. To enable bacterial expression the N-terminal sequence of Ala-Pro-Leu-Thr was replaced with a Lys.
GDF5 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.
The protein was lyophilized without any additives.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Growth Differentiation Factor-5 in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized Growth Differentiation Factor 5 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution Growth Differentiation Factor-5 should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Please prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Greater than 98.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
GDF-5 activity as determined by the induction of alkaline phosphatase activity in ATDC5 cells is typically 10-20ng/ml.
Amino Acid Sequence
APSATRQGKR PSKNLKARCS RKALHVNFKD MGWDDWIIAP LEYEAFHCEG LCEFPLRSHL EPTNHAVIQT LMNSMDPEST PPTCCVPTRL SPISILFIDS ANNVVYKQYE DMVVESCGCR.
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 1.15 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of GDF5 as a Reference Standard.
Title:Growth/differentiation Factor-5 Induces Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Ligamentum Flavum Cells through Activation of ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK.
Publication:Cell Physiol Biochem 2010;26:179-186 (DOI: 10.1159/000320526)
Weitere Produkte für dieses Protein:
- Anti-Bone Morphogenic Protein 14 (BMP14, CDMP1, Cartilage-Derived Morphogenetic Protein-1, GDF-5), Kat #: 029739.100
- Anti-GDF5 (C-term), Kat #: WA-AP12038b
- Anti-GDF5 (C-term), Kat #: WA-AP12038b.80
- Anti-GDF5 (N-term), Kat #: WA-AP2067a.80
- Anti-GDF5 (N-term), Kat #: WA-AP2067a
- Anti-GDF5, CT (GDF5, CDMP1, Growth/differentiation factor 5, Cartilage-derived morphogenetic protein 1, Radotermin), Kat #: 035983.200
- Anti-GDF5, NT (Growth/Differentiation Factor 5, GDF-5, Cartilage-derived Morphogenetic Protein 1, CDMP-1, Radotermin, CDMP1), Kat #: G8989-45C.200
- Growth and Differentiation Factor-5, human recombinant (rHuGDF-5), Kat #: 87316.10
- Growth and Differentiation Factor-5, human recombinant (rHuGDF-5), Kat #: 87316.50
- Growth Differentiation Factor 5, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuGDF5-His), Kat #: 97267.5
- Growth Differentiation Factor 5, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuGDF5-His), Kat #: 97267.1
- Growth Differentiation Factor 5, His Tag, human recombinant (rHuGDF5-His), Kat #: 97267.25
Products for: GDF5_6_7 - growth differentiation factor 5/6/7