NMDA NR2B Subunit Receptor Antibodies
PhosphoSolutions continues to develop new NMDA receptor antibodies to add to an already comprehensive set of phospho antibody tools.
PhosphoSolutions latest additions include two new antibodies to study the NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor. Using PhosphoSolutions proprietary methods for phospho antibody development, phosphopeptides corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Tyr1336 and Tyr1472 of the NMDA NR2B subunit were used as the immunogens. After affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephosphopeptide affinity columns, each antibody was extensively quality control tested, and data for each product is now available on our website using the links below.
PhosphoSolutions has manufactured an extensive set of antibodies useful for studying other subunits and domains of the NMDA receptor. Presented below is a brief synopsis and key references for the NMDA NR2B receptor and please view the complete list of PhosphoSolutions NMDA receptor antibodies
NMDA receptors (NMDAR) play essential roles in memory, neuronal development and have also been implicated in several disorders of the central nervous system including Alzheimers disease, epilepsy and ischemic neuronal cell death (Grosshans et al., 2002; Wenthold et al., 2003; Carroll and Zukin, 2002). Overexpression of the NR2B-subunit of the NMDA receptor has been associated with increases in learning and memory while aged, memory impaired animals have deficiencies in NR2B expression (Clayton et al., 2002a; Clayton et al., 2002b). The phosphorylation of Tyr1336 is thought to potentiate NMDA receptor-dependent influx of calcium (Takasu et al., 2002) and ischemia may also increase the phosphorylation of this site (Takagi et al., 2003), while other studies suggests that phosphorylation of Tyr1472 on NR2B may regulate the functional expression the receptor in LTP and other forms of plasticity (Nakazawa et al., 2001; Roche et al., 2001).
New Phosphospecific NMDA NR2B Subunit Antibodies
NMDA NR2B (Tyr1336)
NMDA NR2B (Tyr1472)
Listing of PhosphoSolutions' Neuroscience Antibodies
- Grosshans DR, Clayton DA, Coultrap SJ, Browning MD (2002) LTP leads to rapid surface expression of NMDA but not AMPA receptors in adult rat CA1. Nat Neurosci 5:27-33.
- Wenthold RJ, Prybylowski K, Standley S, Sans N, Petralia RS (2003) Trafficking of NMDA receptors. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 43:335-358.
- Carroll RC, Zukin RS (2002) NMDA-receptor trafficking and targeting: implications for synaptic transmission and plasticity. Trends Neurosci 25:571-577.
- Clayton DA, Grosshans DR, Browning MD (2002a) Aging and surface expression of hippocampal NMDA receptors. J Biol Chem 277:14367-14369.
- Clayton DA, Mesches MH, Alvarez E, Bickford PC, Browning MD (2002b) A hippocampal NR2B deficit can mimic age-related changes in long-term potentiation and spatial learning in the Fischer 344 rat. J Neurosci 22:3628-3637.
- Takagi N, Sasakawa K, Besshoh S, Miyake-Takagi K, Takeo S (2003) Transient ischemia enhances tyrosine phosphorylation and binding of the NMDA receptor to the Src homology 2 domain of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in the rat hippocampus. J Neurochem 84:67-76.
- Takasu MA, Dalva MB, Zigmond RE, Greenberg ME (2002) Modulation of NMDA Receptor- Dependent Calcium Influx and Gene Expression Through EphB Receptors. Science 295:491-495.
- Nakazawa T, Komai S, Tezuka T, Hisatsune C, Umemori H, Semba K, Mishina M, Manabe T, Yamamoto T (2001) Characterization of Fyn-mediated tryosine phosphorylation sites on the NR2B subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor. J Biol Chem 276:693-699.
- Roche KW, Standley S, McCallum J, Dune LC, Ehlers MD, Wenthold RJ (2001) Molecular determinants of NMDA receptor internalization. Nat Neurosci 4:794-802.